Pages

6/28/2011

Creative Dinning

Hello everyone.  It's been a few days since I've been able to write anything, but I have finally gotten a chance to actually sit down for a few minutes. 
Over the weekend, I decide to have a special dinner for two, beach style.  We don't live on the beach so I brought a little beach to us.  I had our pool pose as beach water. ( Sometimes you have to be a little creative.)
I had a few shells and colored pebbles along with a bottle shaped like a fish and some cuttings from one of my plants in my pool area.  I found a little bit of moss and added to the centerpiece for an authintic beach feel.  Put it all together and what do you got?  A beach setting.  Oh, and I can't forget the tablecloth.  It wasn't actually a table cloth, it was a shower curtain.  (see... creativity?!)
  Anyway, the menu was Spinach leaves topped with grilled shrimp on the barbie, along with a few tomatoes, carrots and croutons.  A garlic butter sauce on the side and a glass of white wine.
We had a very nice dinner for two.




No comments:

Post a Comment