Pages

11/19/2012

Family, Friends and VIP's

 Here it is Monday and only three more days til Thanksgiving.
A couple of days ago I landed in Austin, Texas to visit my daughter and my sister and family. I'm so thankful  for a good and safe trip here as well as the time that I get to spend with my family. 
Right away they had plans to get this visit going on a fun track.  We were invited to a party at Bob's Steakhouse downtown Austin.  I was told I needed to be dressed and ready to go as soon as I got off the plane...I about died.  I was prepared for the opposite.  I like to travel very comfortably...workout pants, tee-shirt and tenny shoes.  But this time was different...I did my best and then changed mostly in the car.  Can you imagine?  No, it really wasn't that bad. I was mostly ready so it worked out ok. 

 After picking my daughter up, we were off to the party.
This party was on the roof top patio...So amazing!  All around was tall sky scrapers with fabulous outdoor furniture and fire pits for each seating area.  The atmospher was perfect!
As the night progressed a few VIP's arrived.   Some of which were friends with the people who invited us.  Let me tell you who I got to meet....Drum roll please!  Ok, maybe that's a bit much.  But, the Governer of Texas, Rick Perry and his wife, Anita Perry were there and I got to meet Anita!  Such a beautiful lady and so very nice!  And then, guess who showed up?  Clay Walker!  I met and shook his hand...very nice guy!  He sang at the Formula 1 race on Sunday so I'm guessing that's why he was in town.  That was another exciting thing going on this weekend here...the race.  Their first race was a huge success! Go Texas!
So that leads to today.
My niece is coming home from college and we'll have dinner at PF Changs and call it a night.
With only three more days til Thanksgiving, I wish you all a blessed and happy pre- Thanksgiving!


11 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited I didn't know you were headed to Texas! I just love Austin..it's so hippy chic. Just one of my favorites! So...tell the truth...how did you think Rick Perry seemed? Like presidential material?

    Truth is..he is from a little itty bitty town by Lubbock and I think just a real nice person. Nice looking too.

    Glad you're having fun! I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Texas and would love to move back one day! And girl, yes, Rick Perry was very nice looking and I think he is absolutly presidential material! His wife was really nice too and so pretty. We always have a great time here, it's hard to go home. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! These were taken at my sister's home on her patio.

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I had all the family over, and it was such a nice day. Christmas is upon us, and I hope you are enjoying this special season. Oh, I love PF Changs.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a exciting visit in Austin… I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time flies... Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're doing well... Have a happy & healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope your doing well too and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. hope you had a Merry Christmas season! will you be coming back to your blog in 2013?
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Yes, I do plan on coming back. We've had alot of family things going on since Christmas that I'm taking care of right now. I do miss blogging, so hopefully soon. Thanks for asking!

      Delete