Pages

11/10/2012

Two Leaves in a Cup and Being Thankful

I brought out my delicate white coffee cups that have 2 leaves positioned just inside the rim of the cup which is what I love most about these cups. It just adds a little bit more personality, I think. 

 With Fall upon us, these made the perfect setting for a quite morning breakfast.
 
Speaking of Fall, Thanksgiving is almost here, can you believe it? Sometimes I think this season gets skipped over really quickly. Take me for instance...I have always loved decorating for Christmas and I usually begin getting my trees out and start decorating the inside of the house around November first.  That way it's all done by the day after Thanksgiving and I can focus on shopping and enjoying the Christmas season.
 

 
But last night, I had to pause and take time to be thankful. Sometimes we I get so involved with day to day activities that being thankful takes a back seat. Maybe I should say it this way instead, while I am thankful, I don't verbalize it enough. And last night I became a little sentimental about the people in my life. 
You may not know that I work for a non-profit organization and am one of the managers there. Any-hoo, We had our annual volunteer appreciation dinner and it made me slow down enough to think. I remember almost five years ago when I took this job as a manager I knew nothing...I mean nothing about being a manager. So I read and read to see how I could be a really good one. I remember reading that when someone compliments you on how nice your store is, that you should always tell them that it's a group effort on every ones part. I thought yep, that's a good idea. The longer I stayed in this position the more that advise became a reality. I really do love and appreciate my staff and our volunteers are amazing people and if it weren't for them, we could not and would not be what we are today.

 
Having said all that, I think it's great to have a season that reminds us to be thankful but I hope that I for one, don't forget to be thankful everyday through out the year.
Hope you have a great weekend!
 


4 comments:

  1. I loved those tea-cups. They are such beauties. Festivities are in the air here too with Diwali coming up Tuesday. And your post is such a beautiful reminder to take out time to think and thank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby, I'm sorry it took this long to reply. I've been in and out of town and just getting back to normal. These cups are pefect for this time of year and I love pulling them out for use. Thanks for stopping by.
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. I love, love your tea cups! The color of the leaves is gorgeous! You are so right! Sometimes we just need to slow down a little a realize how blessed we are and be thankful for what we have. I hope you have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria, Thanks, I think they're perfect for this time of year and yes slowing down is good. Thanks for commenting.
      Tammy

      Delete