Pages

5/28/2013

Pink and Yellow Bridal Shower for my new Daughter-n-law

I still can't believe it...I have a new hat to wear....a Mother-n-law hat! 
One down, two to go. 
I have to say I was a bit nervous, I had never done this before but it was so much fun putting together this little party! 
The Maid of Honor did a great job of hosting this quaint bridal event, I just volunteered our home and planned the party design and details. So much fun! I want to do it again!
 

My new daughter-n-law choose the perfect colors for Spring...Pink and yellow.  Those two colors should be one word.  It's just natural that they go together.  The Maid of Honor purchased most of the paper goods bringing me solid pink plates and forks to work with along with softer pink napkins that matched her tablecloth, shown below where the strawberries made their home for the day.   I ordered the straws from Etsy, I wish I could remember where I got them from but it's been a few months ago and to be honest, sometimes my memory's just not that good.  Of course, we could not put this pink and yellow bridal shower together with out pink Tulips...one of mine and her favorite flowers.  A separate drink table was sat up in another part of the room to house a few more drinks and help keep the traffic flow going. 
 
This particular weekend my Mom was in town which I was so thankful for.  She helped prepare these delicious appetizers to help make a bountiful setting. Boy, was she ever in her element!  She just loves making those cute little things!
 
Then there's the cake....a wedding dress cake!
My new daughter-n-law saw this super adorable cake made from cupcakes on every one's favorite website...Pinterest.  I took a picture of one to our bakery and ask if they could make it...they had never seen one done before but as you can see it turned out really cute
 
 
What a perfect day!  We had a great turn out, the weather was beautiful and she received lots of very nice gifts to help get their new life together going.
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    It looks like a beautiful shower!
    Everything looks lovely and I love the cupcake cake! Great idea!
    Pinterest is awesome isn't it?!
    I'm so happy for you and your new family!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, so good to hear from you. I've been MIA in blog world but still check in from time to time. Hope you've been good and thanks for the compliments. Talk to you soon!
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful bridal shower! Congratulations on gaining a new daughter-in-law. Love the beautiful set up of this shower - those strawberries and grapes look delicious! Everything is arranged so beautifully. Great Job! Catherine (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, thanks so much for stopping by. It's been a while since I've posted but still check in from time to time. Thank you for the sweet compliment and yes I do have a great daughter-n-law. I'll stop by your site now. Hope you have a wonderful night!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely bridal shower! I love the color combination. I can't help but keep looking at those cupcakes!! They look amazing. I'm glad that it all turned out nicely. I have two to go, also.

    I hope you are enjoying the summer days.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! I've been wondering about you for a while now but I have no way of contacting you via email. Hope you are OK as I have missed you and hope you return soon.

    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete