Pages

7/04/2011

Celebrating Freedom in America


Isn't this picture beautiful?  I found this on google and had to share it with everyone.  I love how it shows three different symbols for our freedom here in America.
As I sit here and enjoy my day relaxing with family, my thoughts were reverted to yesterday at church.  At the end of our service we sang the song "America", but we didn't stop with just one verse, we sang all eight..  Yes eight verses!   I never realized there were more than a couple of them.  They were all so beautiful. One stood out to me in particular that I want to share with you all today.

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th celebration and let's not forget those who have and are fighting for our freedom even today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment